Re: Status Check

From: Tom Morris <tom@tommorris.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:44:09 +0100
To: David Richards <davidlamontrichards@gmail.com>
Cc: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 04:06, David
Richards<davidlamontrichards@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that the Ruby gems dealing with RDF seem to be roughly in the
> same shape as they were in February 2008.  I'm wondering if this group is
> active, if there are any projects under active development, or if people are
> using JRuby and Java-based RDF tools.

I'm currently in the violent throws of academic deadlines. Come next
month, I'll be able to work on Reddy totally guilt-free. Hopefully
I'll be able to make it suck a lot less, to the point where it is
actually useful. Ideally, we'd have One True Way of doing RDF in Ruby,
and it could abstract both Redland (on C Ruby), Jena (on JRuby),
something I don't know about yet (on IronRuby) and my hastily
sellotaped together parsers written in Ruby.

I'm thinking of having a "hack Reddy" day, where the intersection of
people (a) interested in RDF, (b) interested in Ruby and (c) within
easy reach of London could get together for one day and make this
stuff all work. (c) is optional, of course - if it were to happen,
we'd be checking our commits in and hanging out on IRC, so non-UK
people could participate.

Yours,

--
Tom Morris