Programmer required: Trip planning on the Semantic Web, with ruby

From: John Breslin <john.breslin@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:54:04 +0100
To: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org
CC: "jan@TouristR" <jan@touristr.com>

With nearly 130 people working on “enabling networked knowledge”, DERI
is the largest Semantic Web research institute in the world. You will be
working in a multi-cultural environment based in Galway, the most fun
and dynamic city in Ireland.

We are looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join the TripPlanr
project team. TripPlanr is a project from DERI (at the National
University of Ireland, Galway) built in collaboration with Tourist
Republic, a newly-funded startup based in Limerick. TripPlanr is the
semantic killer app we believe people are waiting for.

• You are: an expert in Ruby on Rails and web architecture.

• You will own: backend coding and databases.

• You love: learning, hacking, building, breaking, fixing, TESTING, and

Enthusiasm required for both semantic research and entrepreneurial
startup environments, and you should have a love for wearing hats. Apply

Starting salary is €40,478 commensurate with experience. Start date is
22nd May 2008.

To apply, please send a covering letter, curriculum vitae and the names
and contact details of two referees to john.breslin@deri.org

For more information on this project, see http://tripplanr.deri.ie

Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 25th April 2008

National University of Ireland, Galway is an equal opportunity employer

Dr. John Breslin
DERI, NUI Galway