Re: parsing lists of CURIES

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 07:22:41 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hi Dan,

> how many CURIEs in this attribute?
>
>  typeof="foaf:Person ***foaf:Agent 123412:abc owl:Thingfoaf:Agent"
>
> I don't see anything in the spec about how to split an
> attribute value into a list of curies.

Section 2.1 says that all the attributes are whitespace separated.

> Do I split by whitespace and then throw out the non-curies?
> (such as ***foaf:Agent, leaving just 1 CURIE, foaf:Person)

Yes -- see section 5.4.3.

> Or do I find all occurrences of CURIE syntax?
> i.e. 4 CURIES: foaf:Person, foaf:Agent, owl:Thingfoaf
> and Thingfoaf:Agent?

No. :)

> or all non-overlapping occurrences? i.e. 3

And no.

> What if foaf: is bound but owl: isn't?

In the current spec, the CURIE with 'owl' in is simply dropped.

In a new proposal, anything with an unbound prefix is *by definition*
not a CURIE, and is therefore a URI.

> Are there relevant test cases? I hope we come up with some.

There's a ton of them, although I don't recall one with two colons in
-- that looks a good candidate for a new one.

Regards,

Mark