Re: Proposed Test Case 0123 - test for case sensitivity in prefix names

Shane McCarron wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Ignoring all your explanatory text, which was GREAT by the way, I read
> the XMLNS spec wrong.  It says:
>
> All other prefixes beginning with the three-letter sequence x, m, l, in
> any case combination, are reserved.
>
> Which I interpreted incorrectly as meaning 'xmlns' was also case
> insensitive.  So I recommend the test be changed to:

>          xmlns:target="http://www.example.org#"
>          xmlns:test="http://www.example.org/lower#"
>          xmlns:TEST="http://www.example.org/upper#"
>          xmlns:TeSt="http://www.example.org/mixed#">
>  <head>
>    <title>Test 0123</title>
>  </head>
>
> However, I agree that a test changed in this way will continue to fail
> when evaluated using a case-insensitive parser.  Doesn't mean the test
> is wrong.  Might mean we have a spec issue.

Indeed. There will (probably) always be a difference between XHTML and
HTML5 on that level.

Which actually makes me think that defining the RDFa processing on the
DOM explicitly as a separate document might make sense (I think that is
what already happens implicitly in the current document). As far as I
can understand, the HTML5 document describe (or will describe) how an
HTML5 document is mapped on the DOM; by defining RDFa on the DOM only
this may make the grand unification of RDFa with both XHTML and HTML5
easier...

I did not really thought through this in details, so there might be
flaws. It is just an idea while commuting to CWI...

mobile: +31-641044153