Re: Proposed Test Case 0123 - test for case sensitivity in prefix names

Shane McCarron wrote:
> ASK WHERE {
>    <http://www.example.org#sub> <http://www.example.org/lower#one>
> <http://www.example.org#lower> .
>    <http://www.example.org#sub> <http://www.example.org/upper#two>
> <http://www.example.org#UPPER> .
>    <http://www.example.org#sub> <http://www.example.org/mixed:three>
> <http://www.example.org#MiXeD> .
> }

There's an error in the SPARQL for that test
("mixed:three" -> "mixed#three"):

<http://www.example.org#sub>
   <http://www.example.org/mixed:three>
      <http://www.example.org#MiXeD> .

should be:

<http://www.example.org#sub>
   <http://www.example.org/mixed#three>
      <http://www.example.org#MiXeD> .

I also have the same concerns that Ivan has in placing this test in the
"XHTML+RDFa 1.0" test suite, if that's what you meant. XHTML is very
clear on the case sensitivity issue:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2

My reading on the XHTML spec is that this would be the correct SPARQL
for the test in XHTML per the current RDFa processing rules:

ASK WHERE {
   <http://www.example.org#sub>
      <http://www.example.org/lower#one>
         <http://www.example.org#lower> .
}

Did you mean that this test should be placed in the "HTML4+RDFa" test
suite? If so, is the reason we're putting this in the HTML4+RDFa test
suite to trigger discussion on updating the RDFa processing rules? For
this test to hold across multiple HTML family languages, we would have
to change the RDFa processing rules... and even then, we don't know if
it's implementable in all parsers.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny