Re: PROPOSED test cases 0127 and 0128 - empty xmlns attribute values

From: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 23:11:13 +0100
To: "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Philip Taylor wrote:
> Empty values for namespace prefix declarations are a well-formedness
> error in all XML parsers that I'm aware of, so this document should
> cause a fatal error (and no triples) in any RDFa-in-XML parser.
>
> (I can't actually see where http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/ really
> says it's an error - the closest requirement is "If the attribute name
> matches PrefixedAttName [...] the namespace name may not be empty",
> which seems like misuse of RFC 2119 keywords but presumably is why
> everyone implements it as a well-formedness error.)

(Whoops, I missed the bit where only emphasized terms are meant to be
interpreted as keywords, and also I missed the errata document that adds
"NSC: No Prefix Undeclaring. In a namespace declaration for a prefix
(i.e where the NSAttName is a PrefixedAttName), the attribute value MUST
NOT be empty.", so it seems clear enough.)

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk