Re: XHTML+RDFa and @lang

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:57:31 +0100 (CET)
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, XHTML WG <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

On 29 Jan, Shane McCarron wrote:

>>   As for how to handle it ... would it not be logical to say that an
>>   HTML UA should take the @lang value as authoritative, and an XHTML UA
>>   should do the same with @xml:lang?
>
> It would... except that we have no standing to say anything about how an
> HTML UA behaves.  Of course that is how it would behave in the real

  We don't need to. An HTML UA parsing a HTML document - in this context
  an XHTML one they think is HTML - will look in @lang. We CAN, I
  presume, say something to the effect that *XHTML* UAs should look in
  @xml:lang.

  So it really solves itself that.

--
 - Tina Holmboe       siteSifter                  Greytower Technologies
            http://www.sitesifter.co.uk          http://www.greytower.net