Re: Discussion with Ian and Henri about HTML5+RDFa (part 2/2)

Toby Inkster wrote:

> In terms of the RDFa syntax document's processing sequence it could be
> implemented by making the list of URI mappings non-empty in the initial
> evaluation context. <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_5.5.>

Actually... my preferred approach would be not to touch that document
(even if we were allowed to, that is:-). Ben had, at some point, his
hGRRDL idea which, conceptually, meant that some transformation on the
DOM tree can be done before processing it through the RDFa route. Ie,
the current RDFa spec, the processing part in particular, can be kept
unchanged (it was quite a balancing act to get it right back when Mark &
co wrote it, I would be pretty much scared to touch it) and all
additions could be described as a pre-processor step yielding a DOM tree
that would then go through the current RDFa mill.

My implementation actually implements this approach (actually, users can
add their pre-processing steps if they want) and I could implement a
number of things easily this way. My current proof-of-concept
implementation of @prefix uses that model, and adding the http: trick
could be done exactly the same way...

Just my 2 cents...

mobile: +31-641044153