Re: Validation issue with the xsi namespace

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:01:23 +0100
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: Stephane Corlosquet <stephane.corlosquet@deri.org>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
On Saturday 24 January 2009 23:52:00 Shane McCarron wrote:
> Because the are *namespace* URIs, not *vocabulary* URIs.  They were
> never intended to be expanded by concatenating the expanded prefix with
> the value after the colon.

Hmm, I hope it's not getting to philosophical now ;-)  I'm sure it's no longer
related to Stéphane's original question, but nevertheless let me ask: Wouldn't
it, in some cases, be reasonable to make XML namespace URIs usable as
vocabulary URIs?  What URI would, e.g., the xhtml:h1 element have if you
wanted to talk about it in RDF like …

xhtml:h1
    a :XHTMLElement ;
    :content :text ;
    ... .

OK, so far, this is just a reinvention of any XML schema language in RDF, but
I could well imagine that there are reasonable use cases for attaching
_additional_ information to an XML schema using RDF.  But as XML namespace
URIs don't end in / nor #, this would be impossible, or, at least, not nice.

Cheers,

Christoph