Re: RDFa DTD and HTML character entity

KANZAKI Masahide wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Firefox, Safari and Chrome report parsing error with an RDFa document which:
> - has some HTML character entities (e.g.   ü etc)
> - declares XHTML+RDFa 1.0 DOCTYPE
> - delivered as application/xhtml+xml
>
> probably because XHTML+RDFa DTD doesn't include HTML character entity
> module (xhtml-charent-1.mod) . XHTML 1.1 DTD driver also lacks this
> module, but curiously, its flat DTD includes this.

I think you are wrong here.  The XHTML 1.1 DTD driver relies upon the
XHTML M12N "framework" module.  That module, as its final act, by
default includes xhtml-charent-1.mod.  So as long as we are not
overriding that setting, and we are not, the charent module should be
included in all xhtml family markup languages.

I believe this is because the browsers have a hack to automatically know
about certain character entities, but are not relying upon the DOCTYPE
pattern to decide that XHTML + RDFa 1.0 is in the XHTML Family.  Nor are
they relying upon the media type xhtml+xml to indicate this.  Were they,
this would not be an issue.