Re: CURIE objections in HTML5+RDFa

On Feb 25, 2009, at 19:41, Manu Sporny wrote:

> You have to provide a better counter-solution to ccREL in order to
> make your point.

I already did on the WHATWG list earlier, but yeah, I should have made
a concrete proposal for the benefit of this list, too.

I suggest using the built-in key-value mechanisms of various popular
file formats ((X)HTML, PNG, JPEG, Ogg, PDF, MP4, ID3, etc.) to encode
author, license URI and, optionally, a non-author attribution name and
attribution URL inside each file and for more complex cases not even
trying to get software to migrate license data automatically. (That
is, I'd make the simple case simple and I'd just give up on trying to
carry forward license data when one mashes several photos into a video
track of a video file.)

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-August/015931.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-August/015930.html
  (search for Snapz)