Updates to RDFa Use Cases (was: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009)

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:04:46 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
-cc: TimBL, Michael Bolger

Ian Hickson wrote:
> This would be much better material to have on this page:
>    http://rdfa.info/wiki/Rdfa-use-cases
> ...if that page is intended to show what problems RDFa solves.

That is the eventual goal - still organizing the page, which has been
updated to reflect the conversation yesterday and today (6 new use cases):

http://rdfa.info/wiki/rdfa-use-cases

The use cases will be modified to remove RDF/RDFa in the problem
descriptions. We should probably have a section for each
problem/use-case that states "This is how it is solved in RDFa" and
"This is how it is solved using current web technologies". There should
probably be a pro/con section for each approach as well, just to point
out the high-level difficulties with each approach.

Another Q/A page has been started concerning questions surrounding RDFa,
including common red-herrings and repeated discussions (with answers)
that can be avoided when discussing what RDFa can and cannot do:

http://rdfa.info/wiki/common-arguments-against-rdfa

Help in filling out both pages would be greatly appreciated.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.