W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > December 2009

RDFa Task Force minutes, 2009-12-10

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:53:51 +0100
Message-ID: <4B2143BF.9060309@w3.org>
To: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
CC: W3C SW Deployment WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Minutes are at:

http://www.w3.org/2009/12/10-rdfa-minutes.html

and text version below.

Ivan


-------------------------------------------

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                       RDFa in XHTML Task Force

10 Dec 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Dec/0048.html

   Previous: [3]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html

   See also: [4]IRC log

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/10-rdfa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Manu Sporny, Ivan Herman, Mark Birbeck

   Regrets
          Ben Adida, Steven Pemberton, Shane McCarron

   Chair
          Manu Sporny

   Scribe
          Manu Sporny

Contents

     * [5]Topics
         1. [6]Action Items
         2. [7]Housekeeping items
         3. [8]Briefly discuss HTML+RDFa heartbeat requirement
         4. [9]"URIs everywhere" proposal
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Action Items

   <scribe> ACTION: Manu to generate spec text for pulling in external
   vocabulary documents. [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   <scribe> ACTION: Manu to get in touch with LibXML developers about
   TC 142. [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
   [CONTINUES]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09

   <scribe> ACTION: Manu to aggressively push review of test cases via
   mailing list [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/29-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/29-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   <scribe> ACTION: Manu to try and find other interested parties in
   RDFa WG. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   <scribe> -- continues

   <scribe> ACTION: Mark to generate spec text for @token and @prefix
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action06

   <scribe> ACTION: Mark to generate spec text for pulling in external
   vocabulary documents [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action07

Housekeeping items

   Manu: Any updates?

   Ivan: RDFa WG charter update
   ... W3M comments are coming in, they're being edited, only two
   issues that need changes.
   ... A11y want to be a part of RDFa - so they want to be mentioned in
   the charter
   ... I think it would be good to do that.
   ... There is a separate document called WebIDL - a formal way to
   describe APIs.
   ... We should put a sentence into the charter to use that formally,
   if possible.
   ... We shouldn't invent a new mechanism, we should use WebIDL.
   ... The Comm team said that it will go out to AC for formal vote
   next Monday.
   ... The deadline for review is on 22nd of Jan.
   ... If we don't get any substantial comments, then it should be
   possible to get the group up and running very quickly.
   ... W3M would approve if there are no substantial comments.

   <markbirbeck> great developments, Ivan.

   Manu: We should probably cancel Christmas and New Years Eve telecons

   Ivan: +1

   Manu: I won't be able to chair next week.

Briefly discuss HTML+RDFa heartbeat requirement

   Manu: We need to publish HTML5+RDFa by Jan 15th
   ... I'm going to add Syntax Rules from an Infoset perspective.
   ... I'm also going to add coersion to Infoset addition that would
   ensure that infoset is the same between HTML5 and XHTML5 mode.

   Ivan: There is another issue...
   ... What about getting specs out of sync?

   Manu: We said we didn't want to do that.

   Ivan: Will HTML5+RDFa be RDFa 1.0 or RDFa 1.1?
   ... We should decide at a later date and make sure we stay in sync
   with HTML WG.
   ... We will want to keep HTML5+RDFa and RDFa 1.1 in sync, if we can
   do that.

   Mark: I think Ben had reservations about how much we put in.
   ... It's a bigger group than us that should decide what should go
   into that spec.

   Ivan: Do the HTML5 people accept that HTML5 (non-XML) can be
   expressed as an Infoset as well.

   Mark: I'm not sure we can say anything more than "be careful" - that
   the Infoset might not be what you're expecting.
   ... The DOM that is constructed from the source may be different in
   HTML5.
   ... There are precise rules about bits missing in an HTML5 document
   - there is an algorithm from going from HTML5 to XHTML5.
   ... I don't think that means that we should start writing the
   parsing algorithm from an Infoset perspective.

   Ivan: We need to refer to the HTML5 description of what happens.

   Manu: Well there are two things that we can be done - we say "In
   HTML5 mode, extract NS information like this, in XHTML5 mode,
   extract NS information like this."

"URIs everywhere" proposal

   Manu: The proposal looks good.
   ... There doesn't seem to be any blocking issues - looks good to me.

   Mark: Nothing seems to have come up as major issues, no.

   Manu: There seem to be 3 successful implementations so far.

   Ivan: Only thing I'm concerned about is that for certain attributes,
   we can have a URI or /something else/.
   ... Dan Connolly may be concerned about this - not sure what we
   should do with that...
   ... I don't think it's a technical issue.

   Mark: I think Steven said that there was succinct guidance that an
   attribute shouldn't be able to contain both a URI and a QName.
   ... The argument was that you can't tell the difference between the
   two
   ... but we now know that we can tell the difference.
   ... We'd have to raise the issue and be ready to defend it.
   ... We should have a draft, Shane might be willing to generate that
   for us - put a box in that says we should discuss with the TAG.

   <scribe> ACTION: Mark to ask Shane to generate URI Everywhere
   additions to XHTML+RDFa spec. [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]

   <markbirbeck> :)

   <markbirbeck> I've emailed Shane...so at least that part of my
   action is done. :)

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Mark to ask Shane to generate URI Everywhere additions
   to XHTML+RDFa spec. [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to aggressively push review of test cases via
   mailing list [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/29-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to generate spec text for pulling in external
   vocabulary documents. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to get in touch with LibXML developers about
   TC 142. [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark to generate spec text for @token and @prefix
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark to generate spec text for pulling in external
   vocabulary documents [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to try and find other interested parties in
   RDFa WG. [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/29-rdfa-minutes.html#action08
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action08
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action06
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-rdfa-minutes.html#action08


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2009/12/10 18:51:35 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 

Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153
PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf

Received on Thursday, 10 December 2009 18:53:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 December 2009 18:53:33 GMT