Re: Telecon Agenda - 19 November 2009, 1600 UTC

Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 17:44 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> we need to do some HTML+RDFa housekeeping
>
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at the two HTML test case
> issues I raised recently:
>
> http://www.w3.org/mid/1259680432.17105.69.camel@ophelia2.g5n.co.uk
>
> Test cases 0121 and 0113 are invalid HTML (in both HTML 4.x and HTML5)
> and passing them requires an implementation to deviate from the HTML5
> parsing algorithm.

Hrm, looks like the Test Case issues are piling up, I'll try to find
some time to work on them in the coming weeks, but to tell the truth,
I'm buried and have no idea when I'll be able to get around to them
before the end of December. I still owe Philip an explanation (or
possibly an apology) for changing TC115, as well as TCs for Gregg
Kellogg and a couple of other people.

We've been trying to keep test case discussion to the mailing list. We
are also technically not working on approving the HTML4 and HTML5 Test
Suites until next year - the work was supposed to be a part of the RDFa
WG work. That said, here's what's probably going to happen:

As you have identified, TC0121 is flat out wrong and should be fixed
ASAP. TC0113 should probably be removed from HTML4 and HTML5 tests -
I'll do a quick ping tomorrow if we have time at the end of the call -
if we don't have time, I'll ask Mark or Shane to respond to give their 2
cents.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.2 Launched - The Legal P2P Music Network
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/11/30/bitmunk-3-2-launched/