Re: more microdata feedback (and corrections)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:59:08 +0000 (UTC)
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, RDFa TF list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Shane McCarron wrote:

> At the risk of continuing to beat a dead horse...  sem web URIs really
> need to be dereferencable.  And there really needs to be a
> representation of that URI that defines the terms in a machine readable
> way AND maps those definitions to the base terms via RDF.  Otherwise
> there is "no there there". The sem web is all about automatic discovery
> of meaning by software, not humans.

I'll change the URI to point to a publicly editable wiki, so that people
can add the terms they define. That's more or less what we're doing with
rel="" and <meta name=""> already anyway. Is there a suitable wiki for
this purpose? I can reuse the WHATWG one, but I'm not sure Mediawiki
allows editors to have the control that is needed to include the relevant
annotations.