The "real" reason why xmlns should "not" be used

From: Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 05:24:27 +0100
To: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hello All,

After a fairly lengthy discussion over the last week or so about
prefixes, and them being unsuitable for HTML, I  believe that they are
an error in RDFa and XHTML in general.
All RDFa documents that I have seen so far are "malformed" and invalid
when serialized as XML, example:

   <h2 property="dc:title">The trouble with Bob</h2>
   <h3 property="dc:creator">Alice</h3>

The above example is invalid because it declares the div having a prefix
of dc: example:

<dc:div xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
   <h2 property="dc:title">The trouble with Bob</h2>
   <h3 property="dc:creator">Alice</h3>
</dc:div>

Most people on this list Know this already, I just thought it would be
nice to say just in case someone pops by wandering what the problem is
with using xmlns ;)

Thanks

--
Martin McEvoy