Re: Minutes for July 30th, 2009 RDFa Telecon

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> Hello  again Julian,
>
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> I thought the purpose was to expose additional data to clients,
>> independent of the page?
>
> No the purpose is to convey the unique semantics/meaning/characteristics
> of the page, the fact that it can be read by something other than a web
> browser is secondary I think, and also a bonus, If the data is there why
> cant it be used by say a search engine a parser that converts the
> information to RDF?

Instead of being a bonus, I believe that it was Ian's intent to
specifically disallow such a use.

My suggestion is to treat the current spec as a draft, and therefore
subject to change.  If data-* is the right approach, a change will be
needed to the draft.  If changes are needed, I'd suggest figuring out
what the right change is, rather than being constrained by the current text.

> Best wishes

- Sam Ruby