Re: Late notice: RDFa in SVG 1.2 'tiny'

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:10:04 +0200
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Steven Pemberton wrote:

> My attention has been drawn to the fact that we might like to review the
> short section on RDFa attributes in SVG 1.2 'Tiny' (it may be called
> Tiny for the same reason that one of my friends is called Tiny).
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/metadata.html#MetadataAttributes
>
> They don't use modularization. They reference RDFa normatively.
>
> Deadline is tomorrow.

[[
When used with RDFa, the values for the 'rel' and 'rev' attributes must
be a CURIE [RDFA] (i.e., a prefixed string, such as 'cc:license' to
indicate a Creative Commons license), while the values may simply be
from a set of specific keywords for Microformats. These formats may be
used independently, or in combination if the keywords do not clash.
]]

How would one know if <a rel="next" href="foo"/> was being "used with
RDFa"? or as a microformat? Does this rule out uses such as

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-rdfa-syntax-20080904/#relValues
[[
As Gandalf the White said in
     The Two Towers
<quote xml:lang="en">"The hospitality of
your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Theoden King."</quote>
]]

cheers,

Dan