Re: Biological Taxonomy Vocabulary 0.1

From: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 23:08:35 +0100
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: metadataportals@yahoo.com

On 4 Oct 2008, at 02:41, Sw-MetaPortal-ProjectParadigm wrote:

> Check out www.ubio.org and review the underlying structure. Use
> this and contact the developers network to expand  the biological
> taxonomy vocabulary.

Thanks for the information. I'll try to get in touch with them soon.
As it happens, today I've pushed a few changes across from my working
copy to the live vocab:

	http://purl.org/NET/biol/ns#

These changes make biol:hasTaxonomy into a sub-property of rdf:type
and biol:Taxonomy a sub-class of rdfs:Class. It also adds a new term
biol:morePrecise for linking from a Taxonomy to a more precise
Taxonomy. Examples 3.7 and 3.8 are new, and demonstrate these new
features.

Lastly, having looked at ubio.org as you suggested, I've made
biol:rank into a sub-property of ubio:taxonomicGroup, but having not
been able to find an RDFS file for ubio, I'm not 100% sure this is
correct, so it is at risk of reversal.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>