Re: 2 RDFa SPARQL Test Harness Issues

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:10:46 -0400
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>

Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>> We currently have two test cases that use UTF-8 characters (TC#60 and
>> TC#108). The SPARQL.org and ARC SPARQL engines both die processing
>> queries containing multi-byte UTF-8 characters:
>>

> It starts with "\ufeffASK", i.e. a BOM.
> Remove the BOM and the bomb will not go off.

*sigh* - Thanks Andy - turns out that both SPARQL queries in the RDFa
Test Suite start off with that BOM... which is why we were seeing those
Test Cases react in a similar manner.

We could remove it - but it's valid[1][2] UTF-8, isn't it? Technically,
we should be able to feed that to SPARQL and the engine should deal with
it, right?

-- manu

[1] http://unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#29
[2] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3629.txt