Re: RDFa in the FAO FNA we site

Sini, Margherita (KCEW) wrote:
> I am working with RDFa, in order to insert RDFa tags into an FAO web
> site: example at
>http://www.fao.org/ag/agn/publications/fna/article.jsp?lang=en&myURI=id1583

Nope, the size of the XHTML file shouldn't have anything to do with it.
The page you pointed to has 96 validation errors, which makes the
underlying parser, expat, bail out. HTML Tidy is used to clean up the
DOM that is handed to Fuzzbot, but sometimes that isn't enough,
especially with as many validation errors as there are on that page. :)

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fao.org%2Fag%2Fagn%2Fpublications%2Ffna%2Farticle.jsp%3Flang%3Den%26myURI%3Did1583&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

> 3) I could not activate the tabs in Operator: events, locations,
> Bookmarks.... do you know any example of pages implementing this?

The only tab that will work with RDFa in Operator is the "Resources"
tab. The other tabs only work for Microformats as far as I know.

The reason you're seeing "Ba Touré, R." show up as a contact is because
you have:

class="url fn"

around that person's name... which is an hcard optimization.

> 4) I could see in Fuzzbot the rdf:triples in a test file, but strangely
> not in the online file... Maybe too big?

There is currently a bug in Fuzzbot that causes the triples to not be
displayed if you have less than 2 tabs open. If you open at least two
tabs and switch from one tab to the other, the triples should be detected.

This is because the RDFa parsing is bound to when tabs are switched...
the event is never fired if you don't have tabs. I'll talk with the
Firefox folks and find out the correct way to implement this.

For the time being, you could open two tabs and switch between them (yuck).

> 5) The Fuzzbot plug-in create a problem in my firefox v. 2.0.0.14:  if I
> have 2 tabs, and in one tab I load the URL
> http://fao.org/aims/aos/aos.owl,   when I witch tabs and
> return to this URL firefox crashes.

Ouch... Woops, sorry! :)

I don't detect whether or not the incoming file is an XHTML file or
not... and it certainly does trip up the parser, resulting in a segfault. :(

I'll add it to the list of bugs and fix it when I have a spare moment.
Thanks for the bug reports :)

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny