Re: Biological Taxonomy Vocabulary 0.1

From: Renato Golin <renato@ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:24:21 +0100
To: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Unable to find a vocabulary that was satisfactory for my needs, I've put
> together a simple vocabulary for biological taxonomy. The idea is to
> make it powerful enough to cover 80% of use cases, but still simple for
> most non-expert biologists to use.

Have you checked OBO?

Your proposition has taxonomy and stuff like it, all of that already
covered by most biological vocabularies.

Is there a way of building a "view" (as in relational database view) of
select parts of multiple vocabularies in one? That would work to
simplify for your case.

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at