xhtml+rdfa parsing as html Re: RDFa is a Candidate Recommendation

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:41:46 +0900
Cc: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, public-swd-wg@w3.org, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>

Le 23 juin 2008 à 14:29, Ben Adida a écrit :
> This is a bit complicated, as some processors make the request for
> the URL and go from there, whereas other RDFa processors work
> straight on the DOM inside a browser, thereby assuming that the
> browser did the right thing with MIME types.
>
> In any case, I'm not sure this has any effect on the validator's
> behavior, right?

If a document is sent as text/html, it will be processed following the
HTML 5 parsing algorithm and will possibly give a very different DOM.

An XHTML document sent as text/html is not defined by [XHTML Media
Types - Second Edition][1]. It is not said how it should be parsed,
except referencing HTML 4.01 which recommends to parse as SGML. SGML
parsers are not implemented in most user agents.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-xhtmlmime-20080618/

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/