Re: RDFa is a Candidate Recommendation

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 22:29:07 -0700
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
CC: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, public-swd-wg@w3.org, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>

Karl Dubost wrote:
> What do you mean by "this language can be served as text/html"?
> Is it RDFa?
> Is it XHTML (containing RDFa)?

> I'm checking the [RDFa Implementation Report][1].

That document is not yet complete, as we have just entered CR.

> It is not clear how the document has been sent (as html or as xml)
> for testing the RDFa processor. It is not clear either if the
> document is on the Web (with mime-type) or out of the Web (without
> mime-type) during the processing.

This is a bit complicated, as some processors make the request for the
URL and go from there, whereas other RDFa processors work straight on
the DOM inside a browser, thereby assuming that the browser did the
right thing with MIME types.

In any case, I'm not sure this has any effect on the validator's
behavior, right?