W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > June 2008

meeting record: 2008-06-12 RDF-in-XHTML task force

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:46:36 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20080612134506.027b1d28@127.0.0.1>
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, public-swd-wg@w3.org

Thanks to Manu for taking the minutes of today's RDFa telecon [1].

  [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-rdfa-minutes.html

----

                        RDF in XHTML Task Force

12 Jun 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jun/0065.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2008-06-05

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-rdfa-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes

Attendees

   Present
          Shane McCarron, Manu Sporny, Ben Adida, Ralph Swick

   Regrets
          Mark Birbeck, Michael Hausenblas, Steven Pemberton

   Chair
          Ben Adida

   Scribe
          Manu Sporny

Contents

     * Topics
         1. XHTML Modularization
         2. Action Items
         3. Test Cases
         4. Disposition of Comments
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________

XHTML Modularization

   ShaneM: Quick update on Modularization

   ShaneM: should go to PR today
   ... Modularization 1.1 includes a schema implementation, we
   shouldn't change our doc yet.
   ... We should announce this on rdfa.info

Action Items

   ACTION: [DONE] Manu complete test suite [by Thursday 12 June]
   [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Mark to tweak paragraph 3.9 of the spec on fragments.
   [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action09

   ACTION: Ralph confirm whether LGPL is ok with W3C [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION: Ralph to help Ben with Last Call Comment report [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   ACTION: Shane produce a CR-ready draft for SWD and XHTML2 WGs to
   approve [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action10] [DONE]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action10

   ACTION: Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa GRDDL transform
   transferred to W3C [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Manu to reach out to Slashdot and attempt to get RDFa
   integrated into Slashdot. [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action10

   ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki [recorded
   in [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: Manu to determine which useless-triples test cases to remove
   and which to add. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

Test Cases

   [20]rdfa-test-harness

     [20] http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/rdfa-test-harness/

   Manu: tests 107, 108, and 109 were already in the suite but hadn't
   been committed
   ... so I sent duplicate numbers in recent email

-- Test #107: no garbage collecting bnodes

   Manu: 107, 108, 109, 110, and 111 all pass 3 of the implementations
   ... 107 sets up the multiple bnode [not] garbage collecting
   ... 107 checks that there is no bnode created by this hanging @rel

   <ShaneM> Seems fine

   RESOLUTION: test 107 accepted

-- Test #108: plain literal with datatype="" and xml:lang preservation

   Manu: I believe we had accepted this but I could not find a record
   ... 108 tests that lang is preserved
   ... we had previously decided not to test whitespace preservation
   ... but this test does also include whitespace preservation
   ... I don't think it hurts

   Ralph: we should not change it to the alternative; collapsed
   whitespace

   Manu: also uses UTF-8 string

   Shane: I noted that the N-triples spec requires escaping of Unicode

   Ben: N-triples and N3 are parsed differently

   RESOLUTION: test 108 accepted

-- Test #109: Tests to ensure @xml:base is ignored

   Manu: 109 was on hold because it's not valid XHTML
   ... because it uses xml:base
   ... it is well-formed, however

   Ben: I think it's OK to have a test like this; people will add
   non-XHTML attributes

   Ralph: can we move the comment to preceed HEAD?

   <ShaneM> looks fine

   Ralph: forget it; the comment is in the right place

   RESOLUTION: test 109 accepted

-- Test #110: bNode generated even though no nested @about exists

   Manu: inner DIV causes the object for the containing DIV to be
   completed with a bnode
   ... we're testing that only one bnode is generated

   Ben: is there no way to test that a second triple is absent?
   ... I don't really think we need to add such a test; 107 is
   sufficient

   Manu: we've stated no extra triples should be generated in the
   default graph but the tests will pass if there are extra triples

   Ben: except for the negative tests

   <ShaneM> +1

   RESOLUTION: test 110 accepted

-- Test #111: two bNodes generated after three levels of nesting

   Manu: 111 is another like 110; here, we do generate 2 related bnodes

   <ShaneM> +1

   RESOLUTION: test 111 accepted

   <ShaneM> and XHTML M12N PR is up!

-- Test 112 (new)

   <msporny> [21]OLD_0107.xhtml

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/OLD_0107.xhtml

   <msporny> [22]OLD_0107.sparql

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/OLD_0107.sparql

   Manu: rename this to test 112
   ... it is like 108 but doesn't use Greek

   RESOLUTION: (new) test 112 accepted

   <ShaneM> huzzah!

   Ralph: can we host the test harness on w3.org now or is that going
   to be too inconvenient for you, Manu?

   Manu: should be ok to move now. I'll make you some instructions
   ... only uses python

   Ralph: ok. If it's easy, I think we should host it at w3.org just to
   deflect possible questions

Disposition of Comments

   <RalphS> [23]RDFa in XHTML 1.1 Last Call Disposition of Comments

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/last-call-issues

   Ben: This URL is an XSLT of the datadump
   ... I'll have to go through and clean it up
   ... all issues are closed
   ... Except for TimBL's comments.
   ... everyone has responded positively

   <ShaneM> nice.

   Ben: Is this pretty much done Ralph?

   Ralph: More or less.

   Ben: It'll be cleaned up, of course.

   <ShaneM> fwiw the xhtml 2 working group doesn't ever clean up the
   data

   <ShaneM> we just put in a caveat that the issues might have typos
   and they belong to the submitters

   Ben: Is it important to see what the commenter said and whether we
   agree with it or not?

   Ralph: we need to record that somehow, yes.

   Ben: We should make it contain RDFa.

   <ShaneM> about="tracker issue URI"

   Ben: What's the process for scheduling with Steve?

   <ShaneM> has the SWD approved the CR transition

   Ralph: I'll notify him.

   Ben: This should be done by Sunday night.

   <benadida> [24]http://ben.adida.net/busy/

     [24] http://ben.adida.net/busy/

   Ralph: hopefully we'll hear back from Tim before then.
   ... Is the primer completely done?

   Ben: It didn't get voted on did it?

   Ralph: It did get voted on.

   Ben: I would like to do one last pass for typos.

   Ralph: Typos shouldn't be an issue.

   Ben: Nothing significant is going to change.

   Ralph: We don't need it for the transition call.
   ... We're trying to get both documents in the publication request.

   Ben: I'll make a pass by Mon/Tues at the latest.

Summary of Action Items

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa GRDDL
   transform transferred to W3C [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to reach out to Slashdot and attempt to get
   RDFa integrated into Slashdot. [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph confirm whether LGPL is ok with W3C
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to help Ben with Last Call Comment report
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action10
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action03
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   [DONE] ACTION: Manu complete test suite [by Thursday 12 June]
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Manu to determine which useless-triples test cases to
   remove and which to add. [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [DONE] ACTION: Mark to tweak paragraph 3.9 of the spec on fragments.
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Shane produce a CR-ready draft for SWD and XHTML2 WGs
   to approve [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action10]

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action09
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-rdfa-minutes.html#action10

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [34]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([35]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/06/12 17:42:30 $

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 12 June 2008 17:47:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 12 June 2008 17:47:25 GMT