Re: Issue with Jena/sparql.org and XML Literals?

Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> You have to be carefule with line endings as well - \n vs \n\r etc.
> The SPARQL parser does not canonicalize XMLLiterals in the query.

There are no \n or \n\r in either the input RDF or the SPARQL, so that
shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for mentioning that, however.

> 2008Jun/0027.html ==>
> [[
> If you look at librdfa's output for TC100:
> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/librdfa/rdfa2rdf.py?uri=http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/0100.xhtml
>
> and PyRDFa's output for TC100:
> http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/extract?uri=http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/0100.xhtml
> ]]
>
> If I understand these correctly, these are different.

Yes, the XML Literals that are generated are different and the SPARQL
tests two "valid" XML Literals. The first test in the SPARQL will match
librdfa's output, the second should match PyRDFa's output. It is the
second SPARQL test (the last part of the UNION) that is failing for some
unknown reason.

> Running CURL on the first I get data with multiple namespaces on each
> element, and I don't on the second.

On the second one (PyRDFa's output), you should get two namespaces, the
standard XHTML one and the standard SVG one. This is the expected
behavior and I believe the SPARQL is setup to test exactly that.

> N-Triples files for each attached (rdfparse run on the CURL results of
> each link..  You will see they both have XMLLiterals but are different sizes.

Yup, that is expected. The SPARQL test has two variations that are
valid... the second variation should be passing, but it doesn't.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.