W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > June 2008

Re: Issue with PyRDFa and Test Case #100 (v3): XMLLiteral with explicit namespace

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:59:59 +0200
Message-ID: <484D294F.6030102@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hm. I am curious to see Andy's reply, but that might boil down to the 
same issue on how XML Literals are handled by the SPARQL implementation. 
The RDF/XML has to be parsed into a triple store by one parser (I 
presume Jena's parser for RDF/XML) and the pattern by another one and if 
the two do not create the same internal representation down to the last 
character then there is a problem...

I will give it a go on my own SPARQLer installation either later today 
or tomorrow (unless Andy tells us something).

Actually, I added this feature to the XML Serializer myself when I 
removed some bugs from the one of RDFLib. I can easily remove this 
feature, but I would like to understand what happens...

Have you tried with virtuoso?

Sigh. These XML Literals (and Literals in general:-) are a drag...

Ivan

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>> as far as I know these are identical. And this has nothing to do with
>> SPARQL, this is purely an RDF/XML quirk. The parseType="Literal" is just
>> a shorthand for the generation of a literal of type XMLLiteral. Ie, by
>> the time this gets to SPARQL, the difference should evaporate...
> 
> So, here's the problem... the SPARQL below evaluates to "false" when run
> against PyRDFa's output for TC100. Note that I cut-paste the output of
> PyRDFa directly into the SPARQL, so there shouldn't be any issues with
> typo's. I tried to get this to work for a good 2 hours over the
> weekend... and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work other than
> the @parseType being used instead of the @datatype. It might be a bug in
> SPARQL.org? I'll e-mail Andy and see what he thinks.
> 
> ASK WHERE {
> <http://www.example.org> <http://example.org/rdf/example> "Some text
> here in <strong xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\"
> xmlns:svg=\"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg\">bold</strong> and an svg
> rectangle: <svg:svg xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\"
> xmlns:svg=\"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg\"><svg:rect svg:height=\"100\"
> svg:width=\"200\"/></svg:svg>"^^<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral>
>  .
> }
> 
> In short, I believe that there's an issue between using @parseType and
> @datatype... and I don't know how to get around it in the SPARQL query.
> 
> -- manu
> 

-- 

Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf


Received on Monday, 9 June 2008 13:00:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 9 June 2008 13:00:25 GMT