comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-rdfa-syntax-20071018

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:35:39 +0000
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hi,

I have recently had a bug report on the Jena GRDDL reader's rdfa
implementation (which piggy back's off Fabien's xslt transform for RDFa).

One of the root causes of the bug report appears at this stage to be
some confusion in the OP's mind concerning whether or not xml:base applies.

I have responded by spelling out the mutual exclusiveness of:

section 5.2
[[
such as the XHTML base element.
]]

and

Appendix A

[[
If a language includes @xml:base
]]

One or both of these could be modified to emphasis that xml:base does
not usually apply to XHTML, in which the base element should be used.

It's a horrid gotcha arising for historical reasons, and should (IMO) be
highlighted in the documentation.

Jeremy