Re: status of non-prefixed values in @rel

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Hence, what I propose is to ignore this problem:-) To be more specific,
> what I propose is that:
>
> 1. the ":foo" and "foo" would have the same meaning when used in @rel,
> @rev, (and @property?)
> 2. They would generate URIs in the http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#
> namespace
> 3. the RDFa syntax document should _not_ list the allowed property
> values for @rel and @rev (and @property) as it did in earlier
> incarnations; instead, it should refer to the namespace document for
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#
> 4. a namespace document should be set up for
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#, listing the values that are defined
> in this namespace. This namespace document is controlled/maintained _by
> the XHTML working group_ which may add new terms sometimes in the future
> (or even remove some). This is _not_ the responsibility of RDFa.
>
> How does that sound?

That sounds workable only if we're not afraid of generating "spurious
triples". With this approach, we could pick up up quite a number of
Microformatted attributes "by accident". Here's an example:

It is recommended that people that want to auto-generate hAudio markup
do so using both RDFa and Microformats. This leads to markup like the
following:

   can be downloaded from
   <a rel="enclosure hmedia:download"
      href="http://example.org/download/rdfasong.mp3">here</a>.

Using the rules above, that would generate the following triples:

<#rdfa-song> dc:title "The RDFa song".
<#rdfa-song> enclosure <http://example.org/download/rdfasong.mp3>.
<#rdfa-song> hmedia:download <http://example.org/download/rdfasong.mp3>.

We're back to generating spurious triples, IMHO, without the author
knowing that these spurious triples are being generated, much less being
able to prevent these spurious triples from being generated.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.