Re: Do the following examples generate any triples?

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:01:28 +0100
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hi Manu,

thanks for this, good questions. Let me take a stab at it....

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Just to understand when certain triples are generated, it is my
> understanding that all of the examples below should not generate any
> triples, please verify:

In all models

<> foaf:knows <#me> .

is generated if there is an implicit @about="" on the <body> element.
But I am not sure that is the case, in which case that triple is not
generated either (sorry Ben, we seem to disagree on that).

I first believed that in the model of Mark the

<#me> foaf:knows <#ben> .

is also generated regardless of whether the previous triple is
generated. I then had to re-read the syntax document to find out, via
the processing steps, that this is not so. (@rel has a higher priority
in setting [new subject], ie, it will be set to null, and that is not
send down to <span>)

Which by itself is also significant (thanks, Manu!): if there is an
uncertainty on this for us, too, this shows the extra complexity induced
by the usage of @resource (sorry Mark:-)...

The behaviour should be _exactly_ like the one above.

In the model of Mark @href sets the [new subject] in <div>, which is
then turned into [current subject] that is sent down to <span>. Ie, the

<#me> foaf:knows <#ben> .

will be generated.

>       <a rel="foaf:knows" href="#mark">Mark</a>
>
> -- manu

<#me> foaf:knows <#ben> .

will be generated for the same reason.

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/