Re: thoughts on @resource in current RDFa Syntax draft

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Well... that was not my understanding. My understanding was/is that
> hanging rels are 'instantiated', so to say, if they are filled up via an
> explicit @about, a @src (per Ben's proposal), an @instancof BNode (per
> the discussion that ended around XMas) or by the BNode generated by the
> element with hanging rels in case there is another @rel/@rev down the
> line that follows the chain. As far as my understanding goes, there is a
> full stop there...
>
> At least it seems to be clear where we disagree. My *impression* is that
> Ben's understanding is the same as mine... ie, this must be decided by
> the group...

That is indeed my understanding: the object of a hanging @rel is a fully
formed "entity", with a subject and triples of its own.

More importantly, using @resource to complete a hanging @rel brings back
the @instanceof confusion of my earlier proposal: does @instanceof apply
to @about or @resource, and why? At the time, I thought the confusion
was justified because it enabled a bunch of use cases.

Here, however, this enables no new use cases. And, as I've stated before
it requires additional parser rules, not fewer.

All the example you've written, Mark, can be easily rewritten by writing
@about instead of @resource.

So, I don't see the point of complicating things.

-Ben