running tests locally

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:38:38 -0800
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi all,

I have an action to propose a method for running tests locally.

Rather than modify the tests to fit this purpose, I propose that we ask
conforming parsers to accept a BASE parameter that indicates where the
HTML+RDFa came from, and that is functionally equivalent to having a
BASE element with that specified URI.

This tweak is likely necessary for many parsers anyways, especially
those that are run on static files without an indication of a URI. The
only place where this gets trick is for parsers that are built into
browsers, e.g. the RDFa bookmarklets and Operator. That said, I think we
can find solutions for those, too, and effectively abstract away this
problem into a parser-specific issue.

Thoughts?