W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > February 2008

Re: Small problem with... test harness? SPARQL processor?

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:36:34 +0100
Message-ID: <47BD7E62.20306@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Thanks Manu! What this means: pyRdfa probably gets through all tests. 
Yey!:-)

Ivan

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>> I installed my latest version of pyRdfa distiller which corresponds to
>> the Last Call version. I ran the test harness and I got an error on
>> tests #1, #29, #51. 
> 
> There is an issue with Virtuoso/SPARQLer sites crashing on random
> requests when 60 near-simultaneous requests come from the same IP. Our
> server logs give this:
> 
> HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: SPARQL Request Failed,
>            referer: http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/rdfa-test-harness/
> 
> In general, if you see ERROR - this is what happened. We didn't have
> enough test cases before where this was an issue... but since we have
> many more test cases now, it is certainly an issue.
> 
> I'll try adding something to throttle the outgoing connections :)
> 
>> Well... what is weird is that if I run the test
>> harness through Virtuoso, then this is what I get; if I use sparqler,
>> the #1 is fine, and #29 and #51 are still errors.
> 
> #29 and #51 are failing due to the whitespace preservation. Your
> implementation is probably doing the right thing - the SPARQL tests are
> incorrect for those two. We will have to fix them.
> 
>> I wonder whether you already changed your implementation and you had (or
>> not) experiences with it. I also wonder whether this is not something
>> where we might have problems with the way sparql processors compare
>> strings; with the non-normalized versions we have now I am not sure what
>> exactly happens:-( (Which might also explain why virtuoso and sparqler
>> behave differently...)
> 
> The problems boil down to two things:
> 
> - Both SPARQL endpoints are throwing up errors because we're slamming
>   each site whenever we do a "Run All Tests".
> - Test #29 and #51 assumed whitespace canonicalization, which we don't
>   do anymore.
> 
>> P.S. One tiny feature request to the test harness: would it be possible
>> to add a link to each individual test file from the test harness itself?
> 
> Yes, it would. I'll put this in whenever I get around to messing with
> the test harness again (don't expect it soon, my plate is full!) :)
> 
>> When I get an 'error' I would of course like to see what the error is;
>> if I get the URI of the test file itself (ie, the xhtml file) I can
>> continue with testing right away, whereas I have to locate that file
>> first now...
> 
> I'll try to add an area for error feedback - although, it's almost
> always the same thing (the SPARQL endpoint died unexpectedly).
> 
> -- manu
> 

-- 

Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf


Received on Thursday, 21 February 2008 13:36:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 21 February 2008 13:36:44 GMT