Small problem with... test harness? SPARQL processor?

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:10:54 +0100
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hi Manu,

I just wonder whether you already have an experience with this...

I installed my latest version of pyRdfa distiller which corresponds to
the Last Call version. I ran the test harness and I got an error on
tests #1, #29, #51. Well... what is weird is that if I run the test
harness through Virtuoso, then this is what I get; if I use sparqler,
the #1 is fine, and #29 and #51 are still errors.

The weird thing is: I have no idea what the issue might be: 'visually'
the generated RDF by distiller seems to be o.k. And: all three tests are
related to the issue of literal normalization (well, of
non-normalization), this is the new thing related to previous versions.

I wonder whether you already changed your implementation and you had (or
not) experiences with it. I also wonder whether this is not something
where we might have problems with the way sparql processors compare
strings; with the non-normalized versions we have now I am not sure what
exactly happens:-( (Which might also explain why virtuoso and sparqler
behave differently...)

Ivan

P.S. One tiny feature request to the test harness: would it be possible
to add a link to each individual test file from the test harness itself?
When I get an 'error' I would of course like to see what the error is;
if I get the URI of the test file itself (ie, the xhtml file) I can
continue with testing right away, whereas I have to locate that file
first now...

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/