Re: Changing @instanceof to @typeof

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:00:31 +0200
To: "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net>
Cc: "Elias Torres" <elias@torrez.us>, "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hello,

is it only me (and Ralph it seems in the minutes) who find @typeof
directionally wrong? Why not @oftype or @hastype?

A superficial reading make it seem as "instance" was replaced by its
exact inverse: "type", which obviously cannot mean the same thing. Or
am I just misinterpreting how @typeof should be read?

(Part of the thinking of "instanceof" was based on the N3 shorthand
"is ... of", which is N3:s version of @rev. N3 also has "has" as
syntax sugar for e.g. '<#me> has foaf:name "Niklas".', why I suggested
@hastype last year [1]. Along with @a. ;) )

Best regards,
Niklas

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jul/0148.html>