Re: an issue with prefix-less curies (also comment on the syntax document)

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>> In any case, you should also update the document at
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070921/#s_rdfaindetail
>>
>> to make it consistent.
>
> Do you mean the XHTML namespace declaration?

Well, yes, the declaration for the prefix xh11

>                                                I've purposely avoided
> changing the XHTML namespace. I got round the need to do that by using
> the idea of the 'default prefix mapping', and making the mapping the
> XHTML namespace _plus_ the fragment identifier.

Ah. Hm. Well...:-(

In fact, you have carefully avoided the _usage_ of the xh11 prefix in
the examples. I could argue that then it is then unnecessary to list it
at the beginning of the section. _However_ if, in later editions, we
want to add an example that ends up with an RDF code using xh11, well,
then the namespace in the RDF result should be the '#' (or '/',
depending of what we decide) version...

As I said: because it is not used at the moment, the simplest is to
remove it:-)

> Of course, we can debate whether we should also change the XHTML
> namespace to be the same, but that is probably outside the scope of
> this taskforce, so I thought the way that I hdd done it would stop us
> from being dependent on a decision on that issue.

Yes, it is outside of our scope....