Re: chaining-friendly rules for @instanceof

Manu,

thanks a lot. That helps, but I am still a bit puzzled (bear with me,
jet-lag in Korea is hard!)

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>> Bottomline: would it be possible for those of us who are newbies in the
>> group to summarize what would be your proposal at this moment to solve
>> the @instanceof deadlock? So that we could compare the two and make a
>> decision?

[snip]

> These are roughly Mark (please correct me if I'm wrong, Mark) and my rules:
>
> 1. @about       [Set the Subject]
> 2. @instanceof  [Set the Subject Type]
> 3. @rel/@rev    [Set the Predicate]
> 4. @property    [Set the Predicate]
> 5. @resource    [Set the Object or Subject if there is none]

I do not understand what you mean here. What is the reference to Subject
here? I thought that Subject is either @about or inherited from parents'
@about, so to say...

Or do you mean the Subject for the children, ie, the chaining?

Why would @content set the subject? It is a literal, isn't it?

> 9. @datatype    [Set the Object Data Type]

Ivan