[RDFa] Proposal for test process

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:06:45 +0100
To: "RDFa" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Cc: "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, <www-qa@w3.org>

All,

To enable a smooth and reliable process regarding the
handling of RDFa TC, I'd like to suggest the following:

1. We (RDFa-TF) define the role of a 'TC responsible' (TCR)
   that is the process owner for all TC-related issues

2. In case a (not yet covered) feature is expected
   to be tested, anyone may send a mail with a short
   description to either:
    + this list (public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org) using
      [RDFa-TC] as a prefix OR
    + public-rdfa-test@w3.org (yet to be established)

   We should agree on ONE of the two options :)

3. The TCR is then responsible for ...
    +  raising an according issue (in Tracker), and
    +  getting the new TC onto the next telecon's agenda
       for discussion

4. The fallback for the TCR is the TF chair.

Even though this might sound like a bit of an overkill,
IMHO it is a good thing to define at least an ideal
process that we can refer to and people know what to
expect.

I'd be _very_ happy if we can agree on this process
(or an adapted version) ASAP, to start doing so; cf.
for example DanC's request w.r.t. TC [1].

Note: w3.org seems to be down at the time writing,
      so please be lenient towards me that I did
      not include references as usual ...

Cheers,
	Michael

BTW: I volunteer to initially fill the TCR role ;)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/testcases/000002.htm

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>