Re: Determination of subjects/objects

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:02:36 +0200
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>
Cc: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, Knud Hinnerk Möller <knud.moeller@deri.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Thanks for this clarification. So is it fair to say that the ability
> to have named bnodes is secondary?

yes, I agree with that. I would not have sleepless nights over a missing
[_:abc] constrution; the user could just use an id with an explicit URI
instead.

>                                      If so, the use-case you describe
> here is much easier.
>

>> What I simply do not see at the moment is how I can use RDFa to generate
>> something like:
>>
>> <> a:b [ q:r "yep" ].
>>
>> Ie an unnamed and untyped BNode. There are lots of examples of using
>> such constructs.
>
> This is definitely a common construct, and it can be achieved like this:

Oops. I was misled by the use case I had for collections. Right, that works.

But what I would like to express is:

[ a rdf:Seq;
  rdf:_1 [ q:r "yep" ];
  rdf:_2 [ s:t "yup" ]
]

what is the solution for that?

We _could_ say, of course, that RDFa does _not_ have a construction for
that, and move on. Which is o.k. for rdf:Seq, because that can be
encoded directly without too much trouble, but becomes a royal pain if
what I want to express is:

<> abc:def ([q:r "yep"] [s:t "yup])

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/