W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > January 2007

[RDFa] meeting record: 2007-01-08 RDF-in-XHTML telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:13:53 -0500
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20070108140908.03cb20e0@127.0.0.1>
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Cc: public-swd-wg@w3.org

The record of today's RDF in XHTML telecon is available [1].
A full text snapshot follows below.

   [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes

Topics

1. Action Review
2. Use Case Review
   1. UC #1
   2. UC #2
   3. UC #4

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Ben to update uc2, image src, uc4, no innerHTML, add link to GetN3 bookmarklet [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]

[NEW] ACTION: Michael continue work on the FAQ template that Elias started [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]

[NEW] ACTION: Michael transfer issue data to SWD tracker [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]

[PENDING] ACTION: Ben add a forwarding pointer to http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues when the new wiki issues list page is created [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]

[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]

[PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]

[PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce RDFa XHTML 1.1 module and spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action06]

[PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]

[PENDING] ACTION: Mark write examples/tests of striping support [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action07]

[PENDING] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all mime type, etc.. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action09]

[DONE] ACTION: Ben add chem-bla-ics use case to a science use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action17]

[DONE] ACTION: Michael move the issues list to the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]

[DROPPED] ACTION: Ben look at Semantic Media Wiki use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]

[DROPPED] ACTION: Elias start an FAQ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]

[DROPPED] ACTION: Michael review Mobile Device use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action16]

-Ralph

----

                            RDF-in-XHTML TF

8 Jan 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Jan/0004.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2006-12-18

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes

Attendees

   Present
          Michael Hausenblas, Ralph Swick, Ben Adida, Steven Pemberton,
          Mark Birbeck

   Regrets
          Elias Torres

   Chair
          Ben

   Scribe
          Ralph, Michael

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Action Review
         2. Use Case Review
              1. UC #1
              2. UC #2
              3. UC #4
         3. XHTML 1.1 Module Spec
         4. AOB
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________

   next scribe (15 Jan): Steven

   Ralph: next Monday (15 Jan) is an MIT holiday but I'll be at work

   Ben: SWD WG face-to-face in 2 weeks
   ... we owe the WG a copy of Use Cases document tomorrow

   <mhausenblas> [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Agenda20060122

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Agenda20060122

   Ralph: We'll have teleconf facilities too in case travel cost is too
   great

   <mhausenblas> I'll join via IRC on 2007-01-23 from 9-11 (UTC?)

   -> [14]face-to-face registration page

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/MGM07req/

   Ralph: the registration page shows the list of groups who are
   planning to meet
   ... it's a much smaller list than normal Tech Plenary weeks
   ... agenda times are Boston local times; i.e. UTC-5

Action Review

   ACTION: Ben add chem-bla-ics use case to a science use case
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action17]
   [DONE]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action17

   Ben: see [16]Advanced Structured Blogging for Scientists

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/scenarios/#use-case-6

   <mhausenblas> [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/

   -> [18]tracker instance for SWD

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/

   Ralph: I will announce the tracker instance to the WG as soon as I
   confirm that it works

   ACTION: Ben add a forwarding pointer to
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues
   when the new wiki issues list page is created [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action04

   ACTION: Michael transfer issue data to SWD tracker [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action03

   Michael: MMSEM XG is using a tool to transfer issues from Wiki to
   HTML, I hope to reuse this to transfer data to tracker

   ACTION: Ben look at Semantic Media Wiki use case [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]
   [WITHDRAWN]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action15

   Ben: Michael did everything I'd planned to do and more

   ACTION: Mark produce RDFa XHTML 1.1 module and spec [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action06

   Mark: expected this to be a short action but the changes to the
   XHTML modularization schemas in Q4 2006 were bigger than I'd
   expected
   ... need to check with Shane that he's happy with my approach
   ... I think the modularization document should really only focus on
   the schemas

   Ben: right, point to the syntax document for the semantics

   ACTION: [DONE] Michael move the issues list to the wiki [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION: Michael review Mobile Device use case [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action16]
   [WITHDRAWN]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action16

   Michael: I think it's too soon to add this
   ... we can consider it later

   ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04

   Ben: this is looking a lot like the Advanced Blogging use case
   ... may be some more data-oriented things after I look at it more

   ACTION: Elias start an FAQ [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action04

   Michael: I'm willing to start an FAQ

   Ben: go ahead; I think Elias made an outline, so try to find it

   <mhausenblas> [28]http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#FAQ

     [28] http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#FAQ

   Michael: transfer that to SWD Wiki?

   Ralph: why not keep it where it is

   Ben: we can cite it from SWD Wiki
   ... needs some introductory material
   ... let's withdraw Elias' action

   ACTION: Michael continue work on the FAQ template that Elias started
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action10

   ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM [recorded
   in [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
   [CONTINUES]

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10

   ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of n-ary
   relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action08

   Mark: keep this action, as it pertains to whether reification is or
   is not needed for RDFa

   Ben: would be nice to have a well-accepted way to say who authorized
   a license

   ACTION: Mark write examples/tests of striping support [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all mime type,
   etc.. [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action09]
   [CONTINUES]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action09

   Steven: was talking with Ivan and he thinks the Use Cases document
   is ready to publish

   Ben: I'm reluctant to solicit SWD WG reviewers tomorrow; would like
   to let TF members have more time to comment

   Mark: the editor's draft is publicly visible, right?

   Ralph, Ben: right

   Ralph: I'd like us to publish in www.w3.org/TR/ space asap

   Ben: can everyone here do 30 mins of review by tomorrow and send my
   any comments?

   [yes from everyone]

   Ralph: we don't have to resolve all comments before publishing -- we
   can put in editorial notes saying "this needs work"

UC #1

   <benadida> [34]Mark's comments

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Jan/0006.html

   Ben: we could add '#' without much comment

   Mark: the issue is about the subject in the triple

   Ben: oops
   ... I'll update this, inclined to use proper #-uri without giving
   much explanation

   Mark: I've written about this a lot; I think RDFa is a nice way to
   deal with the subject confusion
   ... e.g. we don't know what sort of resource the UC 1 hrefs are
   citing but we do know definitely that the [default] subject is an
   HTML document, since we've retrieved that document
   ... if we use #me that empasizes a nice convention

UC #2

   Steven: should we be referring to the URI of the image rather than
   an id ?

   Ben: I copied that from Bob Ducharme without much thought

   Mark: the IMG tag might say "this section of the document is
   embargoed" but that would make the dc:creator wrong
   ... IPTC would lean toward this sort of use case; add metadata to
   the document head as the document gets longer

UC #4

   Steven: section 5, the use of "inner" is too technical

   Ben: any opposition to changing UC 2 to refer to the image source?

   [no objections]

   Michael: it would be nice to illustrate the output of some of the
   RDFa extractors, e.g. Elias' work

   ACTION: ben to update uc2, image src, uc4, no innerHTML, add link to
   GetN3 bookmarklet [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action15

   [Ralph departs for another meeting]

   Discussion on structured blogging

   Mark: The blog is the medium

   Ben: Stop using blog (except in UC#1)
   ... use publishing scientific research instead

XHTML 1.1 Module Spec

   next week

AOB

   none

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ben to update uc2, image src, uc4, no innerHTML, add
   link to GetN3 bookmarklet [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael continue work on the FAQ template that Elias
   started [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael transfer issue data to SWD tracker [recorded
   in [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben add a forwarding pointer to
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues
   when the new wiki issues list page is created [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case
   [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM
   [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce RDFa XHTML 1.1 module and spec
   [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of
   n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark write examples/tests of striping support
   [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all
   mime type, etc.. [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action09]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ben add chem-bla-ics use case to a science use case
   [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action17]
   [DONE] ACTION: Michael move the issues list to the wiki [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Ben look at Semantic Media Wiki use case [recorded
   in [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Elias start an FAQ [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Michael review Mobile Device use case [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action16]
   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action15
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action10
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/08-htmltf-minutes.html#action03
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-current-issues
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action04
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action10
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action06
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action08
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action07
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action09
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action17
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action03
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action15
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/04-htmltf-minutes.html#action04
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2006/12/18-htmltf-minutes.html#action16


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [52]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([53]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/01/08 19:11:20 $

     [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 8 January 2007 19:14:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:15:03 GMT