Re: [RDFa] The CLASS attribute

From: Simone Onofri <simone.onofri@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:36:26 +0100
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net>, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, www-qa@w3.org

So, Using class with semantic meaning, this overload the current use
of @class. Well:

- Use for style in CSS
- Use for semantics in Microformats (and also eRDF and more)

So, if we use on a single page also more dialects we can have:

... class="mystile first-dialect second-dialect" ...

and this is not clear also for humans and create more confusion also
for machines.

It's a good idea use only "namespaced" class but if we can use a
specific @attribute for semantic layes, this should be the best
choice.

Simone