Re: [RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:52:14 -0500
To: Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us>
CC: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Elias Torres wrote:

>> For meta and link is was different; the about was the parent element
>> (unless there was an explicit about on the link or meta).
>
> Right. It is used to create blank nodes, but could we do something a bit
> more obvious instead, like @about="[_:whatever]"? Instead of going
> around the way and defining an encoding to something we defined in a
> draft specification.

So, we still have LINK and META support in the HEAD, and we expect to
use them in XHTML2... As Ivan pointed out a few times, it's important to
use bnodes the way they were intended: without naming them whenever
possible. Otherwise, it becomes questionable what their actual purpose
is when you could just use fragments.

Let's back up for a second: what's the use case we can't express right
now? I don't see one yet, so I'm tempted not to change anything for now....