Re: @profile is wrong solution for indicating that RDFa is present

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:30:11 -0800
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Shane McCarron wrote:
> I completely agree that we have enough work on our plate.  However, I DO
> NOT believe the group has agreed on a portable, universal announcement
> mechanism.  Mark's mail has brought that issue into sharp relief for me.

That's not what I said, though.

I said we have resolved that there would be an RDFa profile and that it
would be a legitimate, but not required, mechanism for flagging RDFa
content. There is no doubt that this much is resolved.

The @profile attribute is not specific to GRDDL, so reasoning based on
GRDDL is not a sufficient enough reason to bring this back on the table.