Re: Interesting experience: my foaf in RDFa

Keith Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> What if the author wants to keep some of what
>> he/she wants to express in RDF/XML and would like to 'bind' it to the
>> RDF extracted from HTML? My solution was to add a <link> statement with
>> rel="rdfs:seeAlso", but this relies on the RDF environment to understand
>> and interpret that.
>>
>> Do not crucify me: maybe we should have (as some sort of a very edge
>> case advanced feature) some sort of an import mechanism. Something like
>>
>> <link rel="rdfa-import" href="...."/>
>>
>> which means that the end result should be the merge of the value of
>> @href and the extracted RDF.
>
> I'm not sure if this is exactly the problem you need to solve, but where
> you want/need to keep some of the information in RDF/XML, couldn't you
> link with a predicate to a resource description within an external
> RDF/XML file?

Keith, as I said in my first email, I am not 100% sure all this is
necessary indeed, we are just brainstorming here...

What I do *now* is very similar indeed. The header part of my foaf.html
file includes:

<link rel="rdfs:seeAlso" href="http://www.ivan-herman.net/foafExtras.rdf" />

However, that presupposes that the RDF environment I will eventually use
for my foaf.rdf merges it with foafExtras.rdf automatically. Some do
(eg, the tabulator), but that is nowhere required.

What I had in mind is that the foaf.rdf, generated from foaf.html via
RDFa would automatically create an RDF file with everything merged. It
is an extra step.

Again: I will not have sleepless nights if this does not available. I
just thought it is worth raising it...

Ivan