Re: My no-longer pseudo code, the way I understand it:-)

Hi Ivan!

I agree with all but the last part of this - regarding xml:base and
inherited subjects. This  is indeed interesting.

I can see your argument, that it may seem strange for @xml:base to
effectively reset what the current (possibly chained) subject is. But
I am not really convinced. Let's say that @xml:base *should* do that.
Not to equate @xml:base with @about, but because the primary usage of
the xml:base mechanism (apart from when used in the root element)
would be to embed fragments from other documents (though I lack
empirical evidence of this).

That would benefit from (perhaps even require) xml:base working as an
opaque URI boundary. Since it does effect relative URI resolution in
e.g. @href outside of RDFa, should it not also permeate the RDFa side
of things? That is, directly effecting the current subject in the same
manner as the document URI (or any @xml:base of the root).

If what you describe is correct, wouldn't it be confusing that the
current subject before an @xml:base "drags along" until "caught" by
another @about?

I'm not entirely certain though, I think this requires a good deal of thought.

(On another note; thank you for the pyRdfa implementation! It came
very timely for me.)

Best regards,
Niklas