Pseudo-code for the state where we are no (the way I understand it...)

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:01:25 +0200
To: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hi all,

I wanted to check whether we have at least a consistent and
not-too-complex algorithm as of now for RDFa. So I sat down and I wrote
a more or less pseudo-code in Python:

http://www.w3.org/2007/08/rdfa.py

It lacks proper namespace amd @xml:base handling, @lang issues, that
sorts of things, and there is only a placeholder to the literal
generation. But the core of the whole RDFa management is a relatively
simple recursive function. Bottomline: it seems to be implementable
relatively simply.

What I did was to combine Ben's description, except that I took out
@about from his list (this seems to have led to issues) and I combined
it with the shorthands for lists and collections. It does not include
the infamous "_:" constrution:-(

It needs some work if I wanted to turn that into a full implementation:
namespace handling, whatever we do (or we do not do) for curies should
be settled and done, check whether all I did with RDFLib is kosher, etc.
But I believe that is only handcrafting, nothing major there.

It helped me. Maybe it helps somebody else, that is the reason of this
mail...

Cheers

I.

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/