Re: RDFa in HTML

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:54:34 -0500
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
CC: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Ben Adida wrote:
> This is not bad, but it breaks the cut-and-paste locality of RDFa, since
> this would have to be in the HEAD. We started a discussion a while ago
> about this with Ian Davis (I can't find the mailing list post), where I
> suggested a different attribute, something like:
> ..
> though the exact syntax can be done in many different ways.
Yeah... I had discussed something similar last week.  And I don't hate
it.  However, cut-and-paste not withstanding, I would expect these
prefix declarations to be in the document head most of the time...
having them inline makes discovery challenging for processors (and is
one of the many things I dislike about XML Namespaces, but I digress).
So even if there were another attribute to use to declare prefix to
namespace mappings, I would expect it to be on the root element...  not
a global attribute that could appear on every element.  If you allow it
anywhere, then you run into the problem of prefix redefinition... ick.