Re: XHTML-RDFa draft made public

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:57:57 -0400
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, HTML WG <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>

Shane McCarron wrote:
> huh?  You can specify any xmlns prefixing you want.  There is a syntax
> and an internal subset needed if you want to do it, but its pretty
> trivial.  What are you trying to accomplish?

Try putting an xmlns on any element except the HEAD, and the validator
will complain. I think it's a DTD validation weirdness, nothing to do
with your DTD specifically.

> Actually, NO.  XHTML 1.1 should only ever be served as
> application/xhtml+xml.  There is no provision for serving that document
> type as text/html because it is not, in fact, HTML.  We did indeed
> define a hack for XHTML 1.0 that permitted it being served as text/html
> if certain restrictions were observed.  This has been widely viewed as a
> very bad thing.

Okay, I'm not up to speed on this discussion, I only know that IE and
Google don't treat application/xhtml+xml correctly... but if that's what
XHTML 1.1 requires, then I have nothing more to add :)

-Ben