Re: XHTML 2 current WD makes achieving WCAG 1.0-A compliance impossible; a proof

Steven,

I'm worried that you are worried! :)

I think everything is ok, but just to emphasise, I was trying to be
very precise about where the problem lies.

You point to links that indicate that these are equivalent:

  <head>
    <title>About W3C</title>
  </head>

and that is true. And you are right that at a FtF in Cannes we
explained how this worked to the internationalisation gurus, and my
recollection is that they were very pleased with it. :) In fact they
initially levelled the same criticisms at XHTML 2 as Cecil has, but
once this feature was explained, they seemed happy.

However, that was only one of Cecil's points. The other was the use of
@title on <link>, and my point is simply that, although our rules
indicate that this is possible:

  <link rel="meta" href="OurICRAPolicy.rdf">
  </link>

there has been some discussion over on RDFa about changing the meaning
of this. I'm therefore saying that Cecil's post is a very useful
reminder of why we need to ensure that the mark-up I've just used
yields the correct triples to support his use-case.

So to recap:

  <head>
  </head>

is not at risk...that's the easy one! The tricky one is:

  <link rel="meta" href="OurICRAPolicy.rdf">
  </link>

and we just need to double-check that we can still support this.

Sorry for not being clear...have I allayed your fears? ;)

--
Mark Birbeck
CEO

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net