Re: RDFa and GRDDL and Drupal

On May 29, 2006, at 7:16 AM, Ben Adida wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I received this email from Dries Buytaert, lead Drupal developer. They
> have interest in RDFa, though they will need validation before they
> can release it.

Perhaps a GRDDL dialect that works without changes at the DTD level
would be
more straightforward for them to pick up...

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert@gmail.com>
>> Date: May 28, 2006 5:06:56 PM EDT
>> To: ben@mit.edu
>> Subject: RDFa
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I've been reading about RDFa a little, and I'm wondering how we can
>> make Drupal (http://drupal.org) support RDFa?
>>
>> Say I want to mark up a post, I could use the dc:creator attribute
>> for the author of the post.

[[
For example, the following XHTML:

embeds the triple:

<> dc:creator "Ian Davis" .
]]
  -- http://iandavis.com/blog/2005/10/introducing-embedded-rdf

>>  How would I, for example, deal with tags or categories
>> (vocabularies)? Would technorati still pick them up?

reltag seems like a perfectly fine idiom. I haven't seen a
transformation to RDF yet, though I imagine there's one implied by SIOC
or SKOS.